Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Just Beginning


Some say we can't do it (hm-hm, we won't name names), some think we were made to do this... I think this is just what I need: a challenge to conquer, a goal in mind, a body I can envision! With strong women surrounding me, I will take this seriously and push myself. Why not discover my own strength? Why not enforce self-discipline? Why not see what my body can go through and metamorphosize into? Ladies - we're in this together!

Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.

P.S. I already ran around Calhoun and had Pete take a picture of me from behind... What? I wanted a before picture and in October I'll take another after picture!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think quitting is WAY better than pain. :)

GO US! We can do this!

Anonymous said...

This is totally what I need....all you gals who are running alongside of me (literally and figuratively) and me running alongside of you too. I'm excited to run 3 miles on July 19th! Today looks like a nice day for some cross training!

Anonymous said...

I just did a quick google search about the 10 mile and there is an option for an all-or-none when group registering (in case someone doesn't get into the lottery). Would you rather do this? Or all register individually?

Anonymous said...

What are the chances we don't get to do it at all if we go all or none? I would not want to not be chosen especially after training, but I would really hate for you guys to not have a chance too.

Anonymous said...

You know we might want to think about meeting for a walk/run to take a before pic of all of us together for the blog. What do you think about that?

Tiffany Simon said...

I like the all or none idea. If we don't get into this marathon, there's got to be another... I would not be able to do it alone! Yes - let's get a group pic! I don't have the hang of this blog thing yet, but can you guys post too, instead of just comment?

Anonymous said...

I imagine we could. I would have to play with it to figure it out.

I'm in on the all or no one if you guys are. I do know of a couple of 5Ks - one at Thanksgiving and one in December. But you're right there has to be more with the way people are so into running here.

Anonymous said...

I think that if we don't get in we will easily find something else to run instead. As a matter of fact I found a couple of half marathons (only a few miles more) later in the month that I feel confident we could finish and I don't think being "picked" would be an issue. Just a thought. Anyone want to get together before the 19th (say next week)? Don't worry, we wouldn't have to do 3 miles. Let me know! :o)

Anonymous said...

p.s. Tiffany is that seriously you in the pic??? What a hottie!

Tiffany Simon said...

Okay I can't lie... I am wishing that was me!