Sunday, June 15, 2008

And the Schedule Begins



Well, the beautiful schedule Sarah put together officially starts the 16th with S & S. I love the fact that I know there are others sticking to this plan with me! Even though it says 1.5 mile run this week and I might be mostly fast walking, at least I'm getting the blood flowing and working towards a goal! Yah! Go girls!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we're off!

I mapped out a 3.3 mile route this morning (after driving by Blaine high school to see if the track was open--it wasn't, but I saw a bunch of our 8th graders that must be there for some kind of sport--I FOR SURE would not want to run in front of them) & did my first morning run. I was able to go for 7 minutes straight, walk for 2 minutes, then 7 minutes again! I kept that pace up the entire time! It's amazing what you can push yourself to do. After I was done (and listening to the Pussycat dolls say, "I'm a sexy mama"), I thought--seriously, can I do this 3 times in one day (to equal 10 miles)? Uh...well, not yet.

Got home & Aaron wanted to go roller blading around Lake Calhoun, so I'm off again! Don't worry, I won't make this a habit, the stars just aligned to make this a super exercise day.

While I was running I was thinking of songs that I could compile into a playlist for our run. "Stronger" by Kanye West, "Fergalicious" by Fergie...and others....

Let's go girls!

Tiffany Simon said...

Holly - You are impressive. All is can say is WOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Holly I'm impressed. Now I have been having an easier time running on the treadmill than outside. I found I can run 1/4 mile and then walk 1/8 mile and back and forth until the time is up. That worked better for me than running outside. I'm hoping the running outside will get easier as I go. It may have just been the day, but I was struggling on the gravel and my shins were hurting more. Any suggestions besides get more potassium?

Anonymous said...

Hi gals!

I hope you did well tonight! I've been sticking with the 1.5 mile runs thus far. They've been going alright - it feels good to be running again!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Sarah! It's good to hear from you. We missed you the other night.

And yay Angi! I'm excited for you to be with us!

Let's go girls!!!!